Friday, March 9, 2007

breaking out

Wish I'd said
Dear Praveen,
Thank you. Thank you for all the hours I spent on you, and all the work I never got done. Thank you for all the promises you never kept, and all the compliments you never meant. Thank you for making me feel unique for that little time in my life, and then dropping out of my life again without warning and without explanation.
Thank you for the closure.
Dear Hari,
Thank you. Thank you for confusing me. Thank you for making me believe there was something in me that I hadn't seen yet, but was worth finding out. Thank you for then turning that thought on its head. Thank you for all the time I spent wondering what I'd done to make you treat me like someone you didn't know.
Thank you for the clarity.
Dear Sanjeev,
No thank you.

Perhaps it helps that I know that none of them stops by here anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment