Friday, November 17, 2006

morning with sections

my friend assures me its all or nothing
i am not worried - i am not overly concerned
my friend implores me, for one time only,
make an exception - i am not worried

wrap her up in a package of lies
send her off to a coconut island
i am not worried - i am not overly concerned
with the status of my emotions
oh, she says, we're changing
but we're always changing

it does not bother me to say this isn't love
because if you don't want to talk about it then it isn't love
and i guess i'm going to have to live with that
but, i'm sure there's something in a shade of grey
or something in between
and i can always change my name if that's what you mean

my friend assures me its all or nothing but i am
not really worried - i am not overly concerned
you try to tell yourself the things you try, tell yourself to make
yourself forget
to make your self forget
i am not worried
if its love she said, then we're gonna have to think about the
consequences
she can't stop shaking and i can't stop touching her and
this time
when kindness falls like rain
it washes her away and anna begins to change her mind
these seconds when i'm shaking leave me shuddering
for days she says
and i'm not ready for this sort of thing

but i'm not gonna break
and i'm not going to worry about it anymore
i'm not gonna bend. and i’m not gonna break and
i'm not gonna worry about it anymore
it seems like i should stay as long as this is love
but its not all that easy so maybe i should just
snap her up in a butterfly net-
pin her down on a photograph album
i am not worried
because i've done this sort of thing before
but then i start to think about the consequences
and i don’t get no sleep in a quiet room and
this time
when kindness falls like rain
it washes me away and anna begins change my mind
and every time she sneezes i believe its love
and oh lord, i’m not ready for this sort of thing

she's talking in her sleep - it's keeping me awake
and anna begins to toss and turn
and every word is nonsense but i understand and
oh lord. i'm not ready for this sort of thing
her kindness bangs a gong
it's moving me along and anna begins to fade away
it's chasing me away
and she disappears, and oh lord
i’m not ready for this sort of thing

Counting Crows - Anna begins

No comments:

Post a Comment