Saturday, November 24, 2007

too much information

I was staring at the sky
Just looking for a star
To pray on or wish on or something like that
I was having a sweet fix
Of a daydream of a boy
Whose reality I knew was a hopeless to be had
But then the dove of hope began its downward slope
And I believed for a moment
That my chances were approaching to be grabbed
But as it came down near
So did a weary tear
I thought it was a bird but it was just a paper bag

Hunger hurts and I want him so bad, oh it kills
Cuz I know I'm a mess he don't wanna clean up
I've gotta fold cuz these hands are too shaky to hold
Hunger hurts, starving works when it costs too much to love

And I went crazy again today
Looking for a strand to climb
Looking for a little hope
Baby said he couldn't stay
Wouldn't put his lips to mine
And a fail to kiss is a fail to cope
I said honey I don't feel so good
Don't feel justified
Come on put a little love here in my void
He said it's all in your head
I said so's everything but he didn't get it
I thought he was a man but he was just a little boy

Hunger hurts...
Hunger hurts...
Hunger hurts...

Fiona Apple - Paper Bag

No comments:

Post a Comment