Sunday, June 11, 2006

i is it, it is i, is it?

Tagged!
thank you, my fu. :)

The tag:
Write a post with six weird facts or habits about yourself.
At the bottom name the six people you will tag next.
Leave them a comment to let them know they've been tagged and to read your blog.


Six weird things about I. This took me six days to do, incidentally.

1. errordar
I have error-radar. Seriously. I cannot look at any piece of work without my eye getting drawn, unerringly, unnervingly, and immediately; to any mistakes in spelling, grammar, syntax and punctuation. I hate it, most of the time. It's fine if you're looking for it, you know? But when the only thing that stands out in an otherwise perfectly drafted sheet or beautiful piece of writing is a mistake, you begin to wish God hadn't made you quite so anal (yes. I like that word. you have a problem?)

2. ham...
I ham whatever you say I ham. Or rather, whatever you need me to be. Which is to say, I have an entire elaborate charade set up that is so well constructed I have myself believing it half the time. The rest of the time, it's true. I can no longer tell the difference.
A subset of this is my instant-edit replay. When I take whatever abysmally stupid thing I just said and imagine it right away. I also hold long imaginary conversations with friends and family where I dazzle all and sundry with my scintillating wit.
I have a problem, I know.

3. ... and eggs (or is it cheese?)

This refers to my penchant for hamming when I'm by myself.
Alone.
On the road. In my room. Wherever.
I will sing, dance, skip. Talk to myself. Smile. A lot. I like to smile.



I smiled at a dog the other day. This gentleman followed me for ten metres purely on the basis of my smiling at him. Does that mean anything?

4. mood meter maid
I can always tell when someone isn't quite feeling themselves. I haven't yet decided if this is a good thing. Sometimes people don't necessarily want you to know they're in a bad mood.

5. nit pick
I have a tendency to want everything just exactly so. Which is why I will pull apart things others have made and do them myself. And why I will spend hours on a presentation that will only be seen for a few minutes getting everything perfect. Why I spend hours making sure all my work is easy to edit and to understand. Why I always justify all my writing. Why I always write notes so that answers don't run into the next page unless there's more than a few sentences left. Why I rarely let others do work because I know they will do a slipshod uncaring messy job. Why all my work takes so damn long to complete.
I love order, don't you?

6. classified
I need to classify things. Things that happen. Things I do. Things others do. I can handle anything if I know it's place in the scheme of things, you know?
You hurt me. Why did you do that? Just tell me that much. Give me a little bit of closure so that I can take this thing; neatly label, classify and categorize it; and then put it on a shelf out of sight and out of mind. It's how I deal.


Voila! Aksually done.
And now here are my victims.

Vin
Doc
Nanu
Ug
Shenoy
Deepika
Enjoy, honeys.

If I could find bleady I'd tag him too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment